SPEC/GWPG membership delivers tangible business & technical benefits
Any company or organization interested in the technical development of SPEC/GWPG's benchmarks is welcome to become a member of all three SPEC/GWPG project groups, provided they pay the membership fees, are willing to abide by SPEC's bylaws, GWPG's charter, the Fair Use Rules, and the Guidelines for Handling SPEC Information.
To learn more about the different projects that GWPG is working on, please see the three project groups of GWPG, the Application Performance Characterization (SPECapcSM) project, the Graphics Performance Characterization (SPECgpcSM) project and the Workstation Performance Characterization (SPECwpcTM) project.
Why Join SPEC/GWPG?
SPEC/GWPG members play a direct role in developing graphics and workstation benchmarks that are or will become worldwide standards. They have the
tools by which to increase performance in the early stages of product development and to gain exposure and add credibility to marketing efforts for their products.
SPEC/GWPG membership provides the following benefits:
- Publish unlimited benchmark results (worth $1,000 per submission) on the SPEC website, which is visited annually by 3 million professionals.
- Participate in all SPECapc, SPECgpc and SPECwpc technical meetings to shape the direction of the most widely quoted and respected benchmarks for professional graphics and workstation performance.
- Earn increased credibility from agencies and large-scale customers who use SPEC/GWPG benchmarks for buying decisions and RFPs.
- Receive publicity in all SPEC/GWPG-related public relations. Over the past year, 650 SPEC/GWPG-related articles have been published online reaching a potential audience of millions.
- Gain direct access to driver writers and experts in graphics and workstation performance.
- Have the ability to use benchmarks and benchmarks-in-development for QA and optimization for products under development.
- Gain thousands in estimated savings versus buying individual benchmarks at commercial costs.
A single annual membership in SPEC/GWPG, including all three project groups and all the benefits
listed above, costs $20,000 per year.
Nonprofit organizations or educational institutions may qualify for a SPEC Associate membership at $500 per year. All project group, SPEC/GWPG and SPEC rules and rights apply to Associates, except for voting rights.
If you would like to join SPEC/GWPG, please complete the membership application form and fax it to 1-703-579-8463, attention: Membership or send it in by email to email@example.com.
Options Outside Membership
Organizations that cannot afford a membership or cannot make the commitment
to participate in SPEC/GWPG can benefit from its credible
benchmarking review and publication processes by submitting results under the non-member submission plan.
For more information, contact the SPEC office at firstname.lastname@example.org.