APC Benchmarking Group
Seeks Partnerships with Publications
The Application Performance Characterization (APC) project group is
seeking help from publication editors and testing lab directors who
have developed benchmarks or are interested in the benchmarking
process. The group is currently developing a suite of standardized
benchmarks based on graphics-intensive applications. The non-profit
APC group is part of SPECís Graphics Performance Characterization
(GPC) Group. Current members include Compaq, Digital Equipment Corp.,
Dynamic Pictures Inc., Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, Intergraph, Real
3D, Silicon Graphics and Sun Microsystems
It is the APCís belief that end users of graphics applications
will benefit greatly from a broad-ranging set of benchmarks focusing
on the graphics portions of applications in CAD/CAM/CAE,
visualization, simulation, industrial design, animation, AEC and
games. The APC group wants to work directly with publication editors
and testing lab directors to develop benchmarks that reflect the
real-world work of graphics users. Here are some of the benefits of
working with the APC Group:
- Participation in the development process to ensure that
benchmarks reflect real-world user experience.
- Access to beta versions of benchmarks to perform performance
testing for applications running on different hardware systems.
- Recognition by APC members of your publicationís role in
developing the benchmark.
- Positive marketing exposure from every user of the APC group's
- Positive marketing exposure on the GPC Groupís popular Web
- Positive marketing exposure for your publicationís work
through the use of the benchmark as a worldwide industry standard.
Contact the APC project
group to discuss how we can work together to develop worldwide